Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tripping Balls

A long time ago I use to do lots of drugs and I would probably consider myself to be shady. I guess I thought that the drugs would alter my perspective on things. I ate shrooms, snorted cocaine, huffed ether, drank and ate a mess load of mysterious items to alter my state of mind. All of this was to get a different view. I guess I thought somehow I'd consume whatever drug it was and I'd find beauty. But it never made sense, now looking back on those times, I never fully understood what was happening to me and what was going on. i was so quick to find another reality and I couldn't even comprehend the one in my lap. As you get older, you don't really need stuff like that to pull inspiration from, cause if you're living a full life, you have an overload of inspiration to draw from. The first four years out of high school is completely insane. Everything you thought you knew, you don't and everything you hated slowly turns into a mirror. You look around and what you thought was a hell hole becomes a softly lit room, perfect for you. The ups are really downs, and the downs are really ups.

here's another thing I found, sometimes saying the most meaningful statements are really the easiest things to say. You think something is complex and overwhelming, it's really just a new old waiting to be picked. Poetic moments are usually easy and warm. It's not this cold meticuleous, stoic collection of verse and ryhme. It's a fucking gentle beast that hugs you into submission. It's something you can't fight with logic and skill. It happens and then it's gone.

It's so goddamn insane how simple and beautiful life is but everyone is just set on putting a cigarette out on it.

No comments: