Wednesday, December 24, 2008

earwork

I've been trying to check out as many bands as possible on my "list"(the list is compromised of bands i have overlooked, never quite had a chance to check out, or bands I've heard about but put it off. )So the past week or so has been a crazy storm of earwork ranging from the pleasing and the not so pleasing. new discoveries include the discography of jawbreaker, rites of spring, and godspeed you! black emperor. I also am thinking about getting debtor's stuff. It makes me feel pretty dumb to find this music i previously overlooked. It's like looking at toulouse-lautrec's paintings for the first time. it's almost too flawed to enjoy and then it slowly works at you till you understand the flaws are not flaws but wrinkles, smile lines, freckles, etc. On a real note, it excites me to hear good music and I've been kind of dancing around it lately, life is doing me a solid. thank god for good music, and i guess thank satan for letting bands like mest,  katy perry, and angels and airwaves for making my favorite bands seem like jesus walking across the proverbal sea of heartless tunage.

No comments: